2 replies
Votes:
+16
Admins
Admin

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

X723Zsi.jpg
The Abandonment Project

As if I didn't have enough projects going on, here's yet another addition to my little slice of the Old World.
In the coming weeks, I will be extensively terraforming the south-east region of my area for it to be suitable for a small to medium-sized municipality.

Some of you may be aware that I have been working on a somewhat modern Victorian styled town for quite some time. While this has been a fun project and has taught me many things about architecture and general structuring of a functional town - I'd like to get back to my roots a bit with this new project.

I enjoy the nature of dilapidated structures; the extra layers of depth, the lack of symmetry, the vast space with a lack of life. They're a little more interesting with the thought of abandonment in the back of your mind. I aim to create that type of atmosphere with this new project as well.

KXwZYMd.jpg
Hollow Hill Psychiatric Hospital

IrEXwq9.jpg

The Backstory:
This village was once home to many of the staff, resident doctors, and even patients of the nearby Hollow Hill Psychiatric Hospital, which has been abandoned for quite some time. All the horror and tragedy that took place in the hospital has driven residents out of the area with no intentions of turning back. Occupants fled to neighboring towns and cities to start life anew. Once village officials began to head for the hills, it had no government to interfere with its downfall.

Years later, the village has been condemned due to its state of disrepair. Infrastructure is beginning to degrade, explorers have left their personal touches, and nature has begun to reclaim the area. In order to make use of the land once again, the majority of structures would need to be completely rebuilt - leaving it to be deconstructed by neglect.

GTeFVcV.jpg

The Pitch:
Admittedly, creating a build like this is something that would take me far too long to do just by myself. My current town has already taken me 2 years of building in my limited schedule with little-to-no sight of a finishing line. With this project, I would like to invite [JrBuilders] and [Builders] to collaborate with me to put this together. There will be a sort of guidelines on how I'd like this build to proceed, but that will be detailed below. If you are interested, please reply here or reach out to me in-game.

The Organization:
This build is entirely in its infancy as of the New Year. There are only 2 structures in the village thus far, a little shed with the entrance to my Lab, and a bridge. That being said, this is currently in its planning stages. With my intent to include the build team, I need to find out who may be interested in participating, if anyone at all - and how to coordinate efforts for the foundation of this project.

These are all questions that will eventually be settled, and I intend to use this thread as an idea board as well as an announcement.

I will work on a map layout that demonstrates some ideas I'd like to incorporate into the build, which will help with planning out road structures and building placement. I also have a LOT of terraforming to do yet, so the map is subject to change based on that alone.
1DbUkUT.png
Current Unedited Version of Map (as of 1/17/2019)

iEEL3Pi.jpg
Updated Terraforming Version of Map (as of 1/5/2019)

For now, until I have an idea of who may be joining me in building this - I'll be doing my best to update this thread with new maps and information about the project. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Wrecked

Idea Board:
-Road structure?
-Are there districts? (Residential/Commercial)
-What type of buildings in this other than houses?
-Do large buildings get power? (Was contemplating adding defective lighting to the Asylum)
-What kind of scale for the houses (relative to other buildings)?
-Dependant on scale - separating patient housing from doctor housing? (zones?)
-What kind of small businesses can be added here?

List of Featured Buildings:
-Prison/jail?
-Cemetery (damaged graves/overgrown (like Asylum cemetery))
-School? (Small) (+outdoor soccer field/tennis court)
-Grocery store/market(s)
-Small church
-Fallout shelter/doomsday bunker(s)? (military/law enforcement occupation?)
-Gas station?
-Coal power plant? (linked to RR tracks from existing coal mine) (still operating?)
-Shipping facility?
-Old farmhouses
-Grain mill
-Lumber yard (near deep woods area(s))
-Apartment complex (collapsing to spare too much detail)
-Burned out buildings
**(More to come, open to suggestions)**

To-Do List:
-Add parking lot/garage to Asylum
-Clean up around Asylum where terrain has changed
-Remove old roadways and tidy them up a bit (in front of Asylum leading to both bridges)
-Sort out waterway width and shore altitude
-LOTS of terraforming in and around Abandonment Proj. area
-Once waterways around unfinished mountain are sorted out, build cliffs where mountain has been eroded
-Tidy up biome borders (where birch forest was)
-Find/make area for a small collapsed bridge leading to an interesting explorable spot

Edits:
  1. 1/5/2019 Edit: Added edited map with terraforming plans - waterways have been a struggle, I believe this may work
  2. 1/6/2019 Edit: Formatting changes, added more information, added To-Do list
  3. 1/7/2019 Edit: Added "Featured Buildings" list, formatting
  4. 1/17/2019 Edit: Updated "current map" image
Posted Jan 5, 19 · OP · Last edited Thu at 23:11
List
Undo
Votes:
+16
Admins
Admin

Featured Screenshots:
1S2D8SY.jpg
LQOM1Vs.jpg
pu6p993.jpg
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 9, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
+16
Admins
Admin
As stated in the OP, I am open to suggestions for features and buildings to be implemented in this build. Please post them as a reply to this thread and they may go on the Featured Buildings list!
giphy.gif

enjin-1096496-636489-gray.png
Posted Jan 7, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Top Posters
124 Posts
38 Posts
27 Posts
25 Posts
15 Posts
NoticeNotices