Main Forum

Steelton's Homeless Problem

7 replies
Slyrae Supporter
Votes:
+8
Supporter
SteeltonMC is dying.

It's been no secret for a good time now. There is a serious problem somewhere in the game. It is inactive. The discord is inactive. Several times a day the server can be seen at 0 players. Is this acceptable? Is this okay? How much time has to pass before something is done? Now, I'm no veteran, but it doesn't take one to see the destruction that is going on in this community. That's how bad it is.

People left and right are leaving with no goodbyes. Nothing to say. It's as if they were never here, and all we have left are the memories of a past time. Good people don't just go ahead and do that without a reason. They were driven away and hold contempt for the server because of it.
hobo123912
Does that name look familiar?
If you're a regular player of Steelton, it should.

There is no excuse for some of the things this player has done. Everything from non-verbally harassing players, camping for several hours just for someone to come back online, burning down anything and everything he can get his hands on, and all the while maintaining plausible deniability. The unbreakable shield of "I didn't break any rules" which has allowed him to thrive like this for so long. All because of this single player, donators and legendaries are fleeing the server with no intentions on returning. Much of the damage is already done. Some of those very people will never even look back. Truly sad.

In case you want to check the server logs, the time of this chat is noted to have begun at about 2:15pm EST today. It lasted roughly 45 minutes.

cl74VR6.png
u5oQ9XS.png
I6YAPp5.png

^ Only one example of what he has done.

I'm not here to say that this is the sole reason for which the server is suffering. I'm here to openly call for the banning of hobo123912. Hopefully permanently, too. This player has contributed nothing positive whatsoever to the community, done absolutely nothing to balance out the negative energy he causes, and taunts his victims after the fact.

Don't just take my word for it. Let's get some people from the community in here to testify for themselves.
WEia9wo.png
Posted Mar 7, 19 · OP
List
Undo
ClassicRockD ao
ClassicRockD @ SteeltonMinecraft
Votes:
+47
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
I actually take on the full reason for the servers population dying. I made a major change to the server that has since been reversed. It is something I am working on getting our numbers back up- but unfortunately the players we once had are now gone.
Creator of MaximumCapabilities & SteeltonMC
A4qIxNG.png
Posted Mar 7, 19
Slyrae Supporter
Votes:
+8
Supporter
Hobo is actively working for his own selfish gain with no regard for anyone else it impacts.
WEia9wo.png
Posted Mar 7, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 7, 19
List
Undo
ClassicRockD ao
Votes:
+47
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
Unfortunately- he is staying within the server rules. Unless he starts communicating negatively such as swearing, harassment, and or any other forms of malicious attacks to an individual, there is not much we can do.
A4qIxNG.png
Posted Mar 7, 19
Kii Supporter
Kii @ SteeltonMinecraft
Votes:
+2
Supporter
Quoted from the AIO page...

"Rules and restrictions are implemented to make the server better for everyone. With this in mind, the owner and staff team reserve the right to take action to prevent disruptions and disturbances to the server at their discretion for any reason, even if it is not specifically listed as being against the rules found here."

Even if he's playing within the rules, I feel like Hobo is a disturbance to everyone in the server. He's like that one guy in an Overwatch skirmish lobby that kills everyone trying to be friendly... He's not wrong, he's just an asshole. Maybe not breaking the rules, but definitely making it difficult to enjoy the server.

I'm trying to give a perspective as a newer player; I've only been here a couple months, and right away it's obvious to see how he really does ruin the experience for other people. Everyone is just trying to have a good time, and something happens involving Hobo. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the occasional PvP, and I understand it's a raiding/PvP server, but this guy takes it to a whole different level. Toxic is a good word; it's not just the PvP/griefing, it's how he does it, and his attitude toward it. Maybe it's not the whole reason server pop is lower lately, but it's definitely not helping.

If the staff is really against banning him, then that's okay; it's not anyone's call but you guys, and I respect that. But it really is an issue that needs to be addressed. In the 2+ months I've been here, I've absolutely fallen in love with this server and the community, and I really hate seeing something like this hurt it.

Just my two cents.
Posted Mar 8, 19 · Last edited Mar 8, 19
List
Undo
ClassicRockD ao
Votes:
+47
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
I will say this- if myself, any staff, or even a player is online, and witnesses Hobo being malicious to a newly joined player, IE "Hey man want some help?" and then kills them with a TP we will ban. Although that behaviour is not listed as against the rules, it royally pisses me off and make new comers leave. Please provide screen shots if anyone sees this happen.

Thank you.
A4qIxNG.png
Posted Mar 8, 19
Slyrae Supporter
Votes:
+8
Supporter
If I'm around to see it you'll have 1080p60 video
WEia9wo.png
Posted Mar 8, 19 · OP
ClassicRockD ao